GrahamsBloggerNovelTemplate

Day Fourteen: Afternoon

The stakes are in the ground. Nothing like having fuck all else to do to make you productive.

Here I sit like a spider in its web, waiting for either a fly or a bigger spider to come along and make things interesting. I’ve theorized on who might have imprisoned me here. I’ve seen evidence that someone is watching me and playing games with me. I know that I’m not alone here, but that doesn’t do me any good unless I can find out who it may be.

All afternoon I would sit for a while, pace, sit again, until finally I gave up. I’m an animal in a zoo. The thoughts that I’ve been abducted by aliens, that I’m in a coma somewhere, that after a fifth of Chivas and a few too many lines of coke I am having one corker of a bad dream have all crossed my mind, all of that and more. Any of those ideas are possible and even preferential to the truth.

I have little doubt that I am alive and conscious. I also have little doubt that I will go insane if I have to stay here much longer. I have to maintain my sanity at all costs. If I lose that then all else is truly moot. I need to go for a walk.

Evening.

I went for a stroll. The camp site that Josh and I had made is gone. I don’t just mean that the structures we had built are gone but there is no sign that anything had ever been disturbed.

Maybe I’m not going crazy, maybe I am already gone. It could be that I have the location wrong. I'll search again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

Isn't that the point?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home