GrahamsBloggerNovelTemplate

Day Three: Early Morning

Well that was on hell of a storm. No hurricane or if it was then I just caught one edge. Thankfully I was able to reinforce my structure a little and battened down the hatches. Nothing vital got more than a little damp. A couple of trees blew down above the line of vegetation, but hey more firewood for me.

I’m going to go check out that cove, with the possibility of moving my camp up there. It’s probably better protected from wave action. I’ll pack some gear along and plan on spending the night.

Early Evening…

Well I made it here quicker than anticipated. I followed the tree line pretty closely and the rain from last night packed all of the sand down.

Glad I came when I did. There’s the wreck of a boat, about a forty footer by the look of it. Don’t know how long it’s been there but I’m sure I would’ve seen it from Mount Moe as big and white as it is. The first third of it has snapped off and the mast and sails are gone. I don’t see any signs of life.

I found a nice little spot to lay low until tomorrow morning. If there’s anyone hurt or dead down there I can’t help them and I’m not going to risk going down there this close to dark.

I’m not sure how to feel about this. If it’s a coincidence then it means that I must be pretty close to a shipping lane and that’s good. However I don’t really believe in coincidences, so that’s bad. In any case if there is anyone alive on that boat then I don't think I can afford for them to stay that way for too long. I don't need any extra help right now and no sense in splitting rations. Now maybe if they can cobble together a sat phone or bake a nice cream pie...

Anyway it’s been years since I’ve done any wet work let alone with just a knife, but I bet it’s just like fucking. Of course I was never much good at either one. I'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

Busy-ness at work. I shall update it soonest.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home