GrahamsBloggerNovelTemplate

Day Five: Morning

I decided to do the best I could to camouflage my camp. My makeshift tent had been turned into a sand igloo by the storm winds so I packed what I needed for several days survival and pulled out the supports one at a time. The sand collapsed the tent and buried everything under at least a foot of sand, still protected by the parachute.

I added some more sand and I think you could walk right over it without noticing a thing. There’s not much down there anyway as I’ve got my tools and food. Much of it is my extra water and I can get that from the lake if I run out.

I’m going to move around as much as I can and see if I can get the drop on whoever this is. I’m not much in a straight up fight and if he was able to do what keeps playing in my mind’s eye then I hope I can drop the biggest rock I can find on his head from the top of Mount Larry.

Right now, every branch I hear creaking in the wind and every snap of a twig feels like someone about to get the drop on me. Before, when I know I was alone I wasn’t the least bit lonely. Now all I want is to be the last person on this island. Alone with my thoughts and this journal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home